ATHLETE DEVELOPMENT & SPORTS PERFORMANCE
With a background of working in High Performance Professional Sporting Environments since 2009, I have been fortunate to work with and alongside some of the brightest minds and athletes that Australia and New Zealand has to offer.
Throughout my career I’ve come to realise that there are two keys factors that separate the good coaches from the great. Great coaches;
1.) Have an ability to truly understand the sporting demands that they are training for.
2.) Have an ability to truly understand the person that they are training, and where they need to go.
These two things only come with years of experience, skin in the game, and consistency in the game. Experiences I’ve been really fortunate to have been a part of over the years of working at the Wests Tigers, Cronulla Sharks & Rugby Australia.
Are you an Athlete or Weekend Warrior who’s;
- Battling away with a niggly Pain that won’t go away?
- Got a Reoccurring Injury that keeps you from being competitive in your sport?
- In Need of a Return To Sport Rehabilitation Programme (post op or not)
- Wanting an Individualised, Sport Specific approach to your training and conditioning?
- Wanting a Long Term Development Programme for yourself or child?
I hold a Degree in Sport & Exercise Science from Massey University, and countless post university education and development courses. (something that I continue)
Throughout this journey as a Professional Coach, I have also lectured on all things Strength, Conditioning & Rehab, as well as running a successful business that still runs today.
After a 12 year stint working in Australia, I have brought my young family and knowledge back to my home town of New Plymouth, and you can see me for an initial free consult at Bodysmart Health & Performance Centre, 321 Devon Street East, New Plymouth, NZ.
To book an appointment with me get in contact here
“Your Health Is Your Wealth”
Alex Seyfarth (Wests Tiger #232, Debut 2020)
"Az is one of the good guys in Athlete Preparation and High Performance Sport. I met him back in 2015 when I was coming through the Academy System at the West Tigers, and he’s been part of my journey as a player and person ever since. His understanding of what it takes to be a professional athlete is second to none and he truly knows how to get the best of people, which is a skill thats hard to come by in our world."
- West Tigers NRL (2015-2019)
- Cronulla Sharks (2011 - 2013)
- Rugby Australia (2009-2011)
- Fitness First (2008-2016)
- Les Mills (2004-2008)
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science, Massey University
- Australian Strength & Conditioning Association (ASCA), Level 2 Certification
- Australian Strength & Conditioning Association (ASCA), “ELITE” PCAS Coach
- National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) Member
- NRL Level 1 Sports Trainer
- Sports Medicine Australia, Level 1 Trainer
- Functional Range Conditioning, FRC Certification
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS), Level 1 & 2
- Australian Weightlifting Federation (AWF) State Weightlifting & Sports Power Coach Level 2